Monday, March 24, 2008

"Dr. Death" Kevorkian plans to run for Congress

Jack Kevorkian, assisted suicide advocate known as "Doctor Death", famous for helping over 100 people end their lives through euthanasia, said on Monday he will run for the U.S. Congress.



The 79-year-old pathologist announced his bid to run as an independent less than a year after being released from prison where he served eight years for second-degree murder.

"I have no ties, no fetters. I am free," Kevorkian told reporters, adding that he planned to run against the "tyranny" of the U.S. Supreme Court which he said has robbed Americans of their rights.



I am not gonna discuss Kevorkian's past and one's right to euthanasia if they so choose. But while thinking about Kevorkian as congressman, I can't help but to shiver.

So, convicted felons can't vote in elections, yet hey can run for office? He hasn't got the 3000 petition signatures needed in order to run, but let's see if he gets them. I don't know what kind of chance he has in Detroit, but I would imagine very low. Interesting nonetheless.

No comments: