Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hot Tub Tom DeLay Indicted

Well, It's about time!

***

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, forcing the House majority leader to temporarily relinquish his post.

DeLay, 58, was accused of a criminal conspiracy along with two associates, John Colyandro, former executive director of a Texas political action committee formed by DeLay, and Jim Ellis, who heads DeLay's national political committee.

"I have notified the speaker that I will temporarily step aside from my position as majority leader pursuant to rules of the House Republican Conference and the actions of the Travis County district attorney today," DeLay said.

Criminal conspiracy is a state felony punishable by six months to two years in a state jail and a fine of up to $10,000. The potential two-year sentence forces DeLay to step down under House Republican rules.

Link Here


3 comments:

Water & Fire said...

Hearth Classics Elegant Series Mojave Idaho Falls
info here is great. I'm going to tell my friends about your site. I was wondering if you have anything similar to Hearth Classics Elegant Series Mojave Idaho Falls

job opportunitya said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
I was in love with your West Virginia blog site.

Hot Tub Resources said...

Hello, Wayne Elkins I thought you and your fellow readers might be interested in my hot tub site, it also has links to: sites on : dogs, cats web site design, fitness equipment Free music downloads and more !! Hope to see you there !!