Saturday, August 13, 2005

President Bush has earned his plunging poll numbers

New Hampshire Union Leader
Saturday, August 13, 2005

President Bush has earned his plunging poll numbers
By ROGER SIMON

GEORGE BUSH'S poll numbers are in decline because the Iraq war hangs around his neck like a two-ton albatross.

The latest AP-Ipsos poll puts approval for Bush's handling of the war at only 38 percent and his overall job approval at only 42 percent. (In addition, 50 percent of the country says he is a dishonest and only 48 percent says he is honest.)

The latest Newsweek poll puts Bush's war approval at only 34 percent and his overall approval at 42 percent, his lowest ranking ever.

Since Bush doesn't have to run for office again, you might wonder why this matters. There are at least two reasons:

Republicans in Congress have to run for re-election next year, and these figures terrify them. The numbers are getting so bad - as is the war in Iraq - that some are already wondering whether a campaign visit by the President would be a plus or a minus in their districts.

The rest of the story here.

2 comments:

job opportunitya said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your sale settlement structured blog.

job opportunitya said...

Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
yours in my spare time.
Check out my sale settlement structured blog, please!